How do you detox your whole body?
1. Requires 9 days to complete (11 days if you include warm-up days)
2. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily
3. Eat raw vegetables and fruits only (limit fruits to three servings per day)
4. Avoid all meats, animal products, and processed foods
5. Avoid all white foods i.e. sugar, flour, rice, pasta, noodles, candy, etc.
6. Avoid melons i.e. cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, bananas, and other high glycemic foods
7. Eat as much, and as frequently as you like (constant snacking is encouraged)
8. Only light exercise is permitted i.e. walking, stretching
9. Avoid stimulants i.e. caffeine, ephedrine, diet pills
10. Avoid alcohol in all forms (considered the same as “white foods” above)
11. Add some natural sea salt to every bottle of water (not table salt!)
12. Eat foods that are primarily low glycemic index (avoid high glycemic foods)
13. Avoid eating “Bad” fats (natural butter is okay) i.e. margarine, trans fatty acids, etc.
14. Consume foods containing “Good” fats and oils rich in Omega 3 fatty acids i.e. macadamia nuts, extra virgin olive oil, walnuts, almonds, flaxseed oil, krill oil, and high quality fish oils
15. Avoid diet drinks and sodas (they promote weight gain and cancer proliferation)
16. Avoid using any artificial sweeteners (studies show they increase toxicity leading to cancer)
17. Read the labels on packages to learn what they contain
18. Avoid high fructose corn syrup. Use natural Stevia, honey, or alcohol sugars i.e. erythritol, xannitol, sorbitol instead
19. Get plenty of rest and sleep (don’t eat after 8 – 9 pm)
20. Start the day with the juice of half a lemon in a full glass of water to stimulate the gallbladder
21. Steaming vegetables is acceptable, though eating raw foods is preferred
22. The greater the variety of foods consumed, the better (juicing or blending many foods works well)
23. Foods rich in dark colors are healthier to eat that those lacking color (higher antioxidant content)
24. Detoxification process should be repeated at least once every three months (more often is better)
25. Soluble fiber shakes are needed to increase bowel motility, detoxification, and waste elimination
26. Reduce your stress using any means possible i.e. listen to soft relaxing music, and avoid conflicts
27. Reward yourself with an occasional treat for a job well done (don’t forget the Gastro-Fiber)
28. Steam showers, massages, saunas, and whirlpool baths all help eliminate toxins form your body
29. Don’t skip meals as it lowers your metabolism (skipping meals encourages fat storage)
30. Enhance the flavor of foods with salt, pepper, vinegar, herbs, garlic, and spices
31. Enjoy the natural taste of foods by avoiding sauces, dressings, ketchup, relish, mustard, and mayonnaise (no processed condiments)
32. Regularly take vitamins and minerals during the detox (and for the rest of your life)
33. The more frequently and consistently you eat, the better the detox will work. Devise a meal schedule and stick to it daily.
34. Don’t forget to schedule official snack times between meals.
35. Eat three or more alkalizing foods for every portion of acid forming food eaten (see alkalizing food list)
36. Indulge yourself with some dark chocolate (avoid white chocolate)
37. Increase your protein intake by regularly drinking a protein/amino acid shake (not SlimFast)
38. Keep supportive people close by avoiding those that might sabotage your efforts. Don’t give in to peer pressure.
1. Uncomplicated cases require a minimum of 6 treatments (3 sessions/week)
2. Complicated cases may require up to 6-8 times as many treatments (36 to 48 treatments)
1. Useful for heavy metal and chemical toxicity (protocol can be completed in 3 to 6 months time)
2. Involves taking a chelating agent in the form of drops, tablets, or suppositories
3. Urine heavy metal testing should be conducted before, during, and after chelation to measure progress
1. Long recognized for its ability to reduce stress, and to mobilize toxins for removal from the body
2. Good adjunct to ionic detoxification (massage mobilizes toxins, ionic detoxification removes them)